First Aid Courses in Yeppoon & Rockhampton
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (including CPR)
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
First Aid Easy’s First Aid course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Specific industries including childcare workers, school teachers and others also require additional training.
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This statement of attainment will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Industry Standards recommend this course be renewed every 36 months. Locate the most current training package at training.gov.au
Important Information for First Aid Courses
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face – 7.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 4 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Courses are delivered at our Training Facility or in the Workplace.
Payment for individual participants is on the day, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
For more information about learners’ rights, responsibilities & support as well as complaints and refunds please review our student handbook.
For more information on this First Aid Course or any other training programs please contact us.