Educator First Aid Courses in Yeppoon & Rockhampton
HLTAID012 Provide an Emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
First Aid Easy’s Educator First Aid courses provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
The following resources will be available during this course:
- AED training device
- Different types of training adrenalin autoinjector training deceives (e.g. EpiPen®)
- Placebo bronchodilators and a spacer devices
- Workplace first aid kit and injury, trauma/illness records
- HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This statement of attainment will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Industry Standards recommend this course be renewed every 36 months. Locate the most current training package at training.gov.au
Important information for CPR Courses
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face to Face – 9 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 7 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 7 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 60 minutes face to face practical assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
It is important to note when undertaking this course that there are physical standards related to the required level of first aid performance.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Courses are delivered at our Training Facility or in the Workplace.
Payment for individual participants is on the day, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
For more information about learners’ rights, responsibilities & support as well as complaints and refunds please review our student handbook.
For more information on this Educator First Aid Course or any of our other courses please contact us.