Course Set HLTAID009 Provide CPR, Asthma (22556Vic) & Anaphylaxis (22578Vic)
Successful completion of this course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, such as asthma or anaphylaxis. This includes the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition until the arrival of medical assistance, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns, or assisting someone choking.
Participants will go further into the knowledge and skills to develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide first aid and CPR in the event of an emergency and manage asthma and anaphylaxis in the workplace.
Satisfactorily completing all requirement of this course provides the student with the ability to develop risk management and risk minimisation strategies for individuals diagnosed at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis in the workplace. This includes the development and implementation of pre-emergency risk assessment/management and the development and implementation of individual asthma and/or anaphylaxis management plans.
This course provides nationally recognised training for workers, or nominated workplace first aiders, from any industry sector and addresses the provision of care to adults and/or children in the workplace who are diagnosed as being at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis or displaying signs/symptoms of asthma and/or anaphylaxis.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, schoolteachers and other related industries.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
Course Set – CPR (HLTAID009), Asthma (22556VIC) & Anaphylaxis (22578VIC)
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- 22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Important information prior to enrolment
This course will be delivered in our Training Centre at the beautiful Causeway Lake or at a nominated Workplace.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR and rescue breaths on an Adult Manikin on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Blended delivery – 4 hours (minimum)
- Online delivery with face to face – 30 minutes (minimum)
- Refresher training – 4 Hours (minimum)
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the section following.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
There is no industry recommended renewal identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Payment for individual participants is on the day of the course, group booking payment terms are based on the agreement made between the client and service provider.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please refer to the Student Handbook.
What happens at the course?
*Dependant on Course Delivery some aspects of this Assessment may be completed online.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult manikin on the floor(incl. the use of an AED)
- Perform CPR on an infant manikin
- Administer asthma medication with spacer using a personal asthma action plan
- Administer asthma medication without a spacer
- Administer different types of adrenaline autoinjectors (eg: EpiPen) for anaphylaxis
- First aid for allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a risk assessment for asthma and anaphylaxis and an individual management plan for a child with asthma and anaphylaxis based on a case study and information provided
- Complete individual asthma and anaphylaxis management plan for a child, which includes a communication plan to raise awareness of the child’s allergies, triggers and management plan